Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Air Up There

Oh, I know what you're thinking, friends..."What avid-looking hikers they are!"


Well, it was Mt. Whitney: Take Two, this past Monday. We went earlier in the year, however, I had to make the "tough decision" not to continue to the very top after discovering the dreaded 99 switchbacks were covered in snow, leaving only a perilous ascent over an even snowier chute. It just broke my heart...

Not really, but you can't really say you hiked Mt. W unless you make it to the top, ya? So, while most of the world was asleep at 3:30 am, I was trying to figure out how to get out of hiking 21 miles and join them. It didn't work, so off we went like lemmings.


Much to my surprise, and despite the husband and I both gimping up the mountain like wounded gazelle, the hike was AWESOME.



I don't think sleeping on a rock has ever felt so great!




So cool to do this with him. I loved every step, and can't wait to do it again...after I've forgotten how frickin' hard it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment