Thursday, October 6, 2011

Man Hands


JERRY: She had man hands.
ELAINE: Man, Hands?
JERRY: The hands of a man. It’s like a creature out of Greek Mythology, I mean, she was lik
e part woman, part horrible beast.

.....and thus, Seinfeld labeled me.

Tonight, I went to a meeting with the husband for his Pre-Dental Society. It's the first time I've met anyone from his club. Obviously, handshaking would be the appropriate greeting gesture, but tonight, it proved to be incredibly awkward for me. Why? Because almost all of the people I shook hands with were five-foot-nothing, 85-pound, Asian girls....with itty, bitty, tiny hands.
I have a pretty hardy handshake, always have. I think it stems from the basketball court and trying to give hard high-fives. I always kick myself after shaking a woman's hand with a little too much gusto, and she offers up one a these...
There's not a lot of things more humbling in life than getting the dainty handshake after revealing your man hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment