Monday, October 24, 2011

Sleep Patterns

Holy late night, Batman! The husband works from 7pm-3am, Friday-Sunday. Delivering sushi of all things. It's a pretty sweet gig, in that it's pretty compatible with his availability. Not so sweet in regards to our precious z's, however.

It's 1:52 am and I am wide awake. For some reason, I find it really hard to fall asleep when J isn't here. So, generally speaking, I end up hitting the hay around 3am...only to be woken up at 7am by a urine-soaked little boy, pleading for milk and a peanut butter sandwich.

To top this all off, Ax's sleeping sched is completely bonkers! He WILL NOT fall asleep any earlier than 9:30pm. Really? REALLY? Early naps, no naps, short naps, early dinner...nothing will counteract this horrible, vicious, cycle. And then he wakes up at the crack of dawn. If I were a Xanax person...I would pop one right about now.

I can't remember what it is like to get a full 8 hours of sleep. I can't remember what falling asleep before 10 feels like either. I know I am not the only mother in the world who has ever gone through this, but for the love of all that is good, someone please tell me that in heaven you get to sleep in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment