Friday, November 4, 2011

The Fellowship of the Ring


Axton was Frodo this year for Halloween. I thought I was breaking new ground with the whole Hobbit thing, especially since I only made one small fleece purchase at Walmart. He was pretty thrilled that there were no shoes required, and that I let him draw hair on his feet.

The Saturday before, Axton and I attended a Halloween party at our church and made out with some good candy. I won't mention the fact that I lost him after being cut off in the hallway by Tinker Bell and Lightning McQueen. I won't talk about how I started crying after 10 minutes of circling the building. I won't even bring up the fact that most likely I passed him about five times without knowing it. Kid needs a leash or something.

Anyways, Halloween rolled around and we visited a semi-affluent neighborhood around these parts. NO ONE KNEW WHAT HE WAS. One woman said, "What a cute Robin Hood!"

Bummer. Apparently, upper-middle class doesn't read Tolkien!

Anyways, we made out pretty good in the Sugar Dept. considering we only stayed out for about an hour before Frodo became more interested in the neighborhood dogs than in his FREE candy.




These guys were awesome
Smoke bubbles


When the bag started getting heavy


The spoils




2 comments:

  1. Cute costume! He's getting so big. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes a great Frodo! So nice that we live where it is warm enough to go without shoes! You heard that Aidan got lost at the ward Halloween party too! haha!

    ReplyDelete