Sunday, September 4, 2011

A hunting we will go!

We live in family student housing. I think it's awesome. So awesome, in fact, that I am willing to overlook the tacky teal carpeting that befalls our entire apartment and clashes with everything... EVERYTHING!

There are a lot of spiffy details that make this place so cool to occupy: cheap rent in the otherwise expensive LJ, neighbors that have kids AND are still in school, the walking distance to school, etc. However, one of the little gems of this place actually became our family activity tonight-scavenging the laundry rooms.

Yup.

All the laundry rooms have what are lovingly known as "free tables". The name is kind of self-explanatory...people leave their stuff and other people can take it...for free! Very thrift store-esque. A lot of it is rubbish, but we have come away with a few sweet finds. Tonight, for example, the little one increased his toy collection by 1 Ninja Turtle, 1 dolphin, and 1 truck. He is in love, and I am in love because it means that Walmart won't get my $15.99 for a Lightning McQueen figurine.

The husband, on the other hand, doesn't feel my love so much when he comes back from the free table with white loafers that are 3 sizes too big, which he assures me will be his "slip on shoes for before basketball". I guess I should be grateful he's not coming home with a rabbit and cage though...?

Oh, the little joys of being poor!

No comments:

Post a Comment