Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tra la la la la...


Have you ever had one of those moments when you decide that you are going to work towards developing a talent that you don't really have? Perhaps it comes after an even longer moment of self-pity when you decide you have no "real" talents at all? Well, I had one of those moments today, and it was glorious...at least, initially it was.

I have been on an Adele kick recently, (ACTUALLY, if you would like to hear my one claim to music snobbery...I was into her before she became famous...really!) and it has been oh, so good! Last night, I was Youtubing the crap out of her songs and came across quite a few covers, which were brilliant! And I thought to myself, "Self, you could totally do this! You could cover a song!" After about 5 minutes of staring blankly at my ceiling, imagining how epic my feat was going to be, I remembered that I can't really play the piano.

Bumski.

So, ladies and gentleman, that is where we are at currently. I have busted out my Yamaha keyboard and googled some sheet music for "Someone Like You". The basics from my 6months of piano lessons in 2nd grade are slowly coming back to me... "Every Good Boy Does Fine", "FACE", "If You Give a Mouse a...." wait. It has been rough, to say the least, nevertheless, I am determined to learn this song!

One week it's a painting business, the next: songstress! We should all be so lucky that I don't blog about all my misguided aspirations for talent and accomplishment. I made homemade salsa this morning...which you'll be happy to know, is delicious, but not blog-worthy!

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever Erin! You are soooooo talented! And I think it's great that you are working to improve/find talents. Way better than me :) So glad I get to keep up with you this way. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete