Thursday, October 13, 2011

Josh, meet Fitted Jeans.

The husband woke me up this morning and asked if I wanted to go get some new clothes with him. We've been talking about such an outing for a while because he will be meeting with deans from different dental schools at receptions a few times a month. Gotta make a good impression!

So, off we went. This was his shopping outfit:



You'll notice he has paired white gym socks with his FAVORITE blue sandals, as well as his little brother's high school shirt. The brown cargo shorts have this morning's breakfast on them.

After showing me a few yellow Adidas shirts and a pair of Wranglers he liked, I knew it was time to intervene. The poor guy has never really shopped for style. His idea of trendy involves a trip to the local thrift store...and I'm not talking cool,vintage, unique thrift store items, I'm talking collared shirts in mint green and black.

Let me throw a disclaimer out there to cover call bases. I am not, in fact, a fashionista by any definition. My wardrobe shows no sign of style, unless you count what was happening in late 2006...which is about the last time I really went shopping. This, however, is not due to lack of taste, rather, lack of expendable income.

Anyways, these are some things we came back with (sorry some pics are blurry):


He started feeling pretty confident.


I'd say it was a big success. He is now the owner of not 1, but 3 v-neck shirts! Do I even need to mention the fact that he was carrying around the same Velcro wallet he's had since high school? Well, I took care of that too! Look out, Abercrombie!

No comments:

Post a Comment