Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Retention

Have you ever been mirrored before? Have you ever been mirrored by a 3-year-old?

It's a pretty humbling experience.

This morning, Axton put me on a time out. I'm thinking he wanted some alone time so he could go drop things off our patio (a favorite past-time), and apparently, I was seriously thwarting this activity. So, he looked me square in the face and said, "Mommy, time out! RIGHT NOW!"

He then took my hand and sternly marched me into HIS bedroom, pointed to his bed, and said, "Go on the bed, LAY DOWN! Time out, Mommy. STAY HERE! UNDERSTAND?!!!"

After he shut the door, I gave him a solid two minutes to let his lesson to me sink in. What in the world am I doing as a parent?!!!!

Just as I was on the verge of tears, my little man walked in the room with an abnormally empathetic expression on his little face and said, "You ok, Mommy? I love you so much." He then walked over to me and gave me kisses on the forehead.

I guess that's how we roll?!




2 comments:

  1. i'm in love with this story. you are the cutest mom.. okay, you're just the cutest person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! You have taught him well!!

    ReplyDelete