Friday, April 27, 2012

The Ungraceful Pregnancy Club: Junk in da...Entire Stinkin' Car

It is incredibly embarrassing for me to admit this, but I am having a super hard time with this pregnancy weight thing and not eating EVERYTHING...ALL THE TIME.   I'm having an an even harder time finding the motivation to exercise after said eating binges.  I'm no math wiz or anything, but I'm pretty sure consuming more calories than you burn ends up getting you sarcastic comments from your skinny OBGYN.

I said earlier that I am embarrassed about this whole excessive weight gain conundrum, but I'm actually mortified about it.  I dread getting dressed every morning and putting make-up on because I have to look in the frickin' HUGE mirror that somehow seems way bigger than it did seven months ago.  I've always been an athlete and  in pretty good shape, so I just assumed that would translate into pregnancy...but sadly...depressingly...my athleticism has been swallowed up by a very large and very hungry pregnant version of myself.  To make things a hundred times worse, several of my friends are currently pregnant and they all look fantastic (Sallee, I am talking about you and BTW: you are officially dismembered from the club on account of you don't belong in it AT ALL!).  

Coming to grips with the fact that I haven't really been taking care of myself, and that I have lacked the discipline that so many others seem to maintain during pregnancy, is kind of a ringer.  And don't worry...this isn't some post to gather sympathetic or kind remarks like, "You look great!"...it's not, and I don't.  However, I have learned a very pertinent life lesson during all of this: I can EASILY eat an entire pan of Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownies by myself...and let's be honest, that is pretty dang impressive!




2 comments:

  1. That is pretty dang impressive! Is it sad that I'm not even pregnant and I can do that...at least you have a somewhat valid excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl. You and me both. I can throw down so much food, it should be considered impressive. There is a reason why I always win eating contests. I can shovel food fast enough into my mouth before my brain and stomach even register what is happening. It happens to the best of us!!

    This is a problem I forsee in the future for my next pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete